OT Debian updating ssl certificates?

Tony Baechler tony at baechler.net
Sat Apr 9 06:28:58 EDT 2016

I'm having the same problem on both Debian and Ubuntu. Not only do I install
all package updates, but I manually installed the latest ca-certificates
from the mirror to work around this problem. Often, I'll go to sites which
work fine in Firefox but Lynx complains that the certificate can't be
verified. This is very annoying. What else can I try? The same thing happens
with wget, so it isn't a specific Lynx problem. It happens on most sites and
the certs are from known certificate authorities. I don't remember the exact
date of the latest package, but it's from 2016 and installed without errors.