OT Debian updating ssl certificates?

Gregory Nowak greg at gregn.net
Fri Apr 8 15:31:01 EDT 2016

Running update-ca-certificates will only help you if you either added
to or deleted from /etc/ssl. It sounds like your ca-certificates
package may be out of date. If you haven't checked for new packages
and upgraded in a while, I would suggest doing that. I do seem to
recall that ca-certificates was one of the packages upgraded on my
debian systems a week or two ago.

Greg

On Thu, Apr 07, 2016 at 09:41:44PM -0700, Tom Fowle wrote:
> I am beginning to have ssl connections refused in lynx apparrently due to
> out of date certificates.
>
> I see the program
> update-ca-certificates,
> which looks as though it may do what I need, but ignorance may well lead to
> disaster <GRIN>
>  and the program was last updated in 2003.
> Is this prog what I want to do? or if not how do I do the update?
> The lynx docs on updating ssl certs leavs me out of breath in a hurry!
> Thanks
> tom Fowle

web site: http://www.gregn.net
skype: gregn1