GRML and Speakup

Gregory Nowak greg at gregn.net
Tue Sep 29 16:05:23 EDT 2015

On my desktop systems it isn't bad. My laptop is a different story
though. This is especially true if I'm doing something late in the
evening when I'm the only one awake with headphones on. If I forget
about that beep sequence it's loud, and doesn't go through my
headphones. I've winced and whispered oops under my breath more than
once. Once the OS boots though, the beep volume is controllable, and
does go through headphones if they're connected. It's only when the
BIOS is in control that this is a problem. Even when everyone is awake
during the day, I've been asked more than once if that was me.

Greg

--
web site: http://www.gregn.net
skype: gregn1