OT: command line epub reader?

Willem van der Walt wvdwalt at csir.co.za
Mon Oct 5 01:25:07 EDT 2015

Hi,
There is ebook-speaker by Jos Lemens which would read some epub books
directly.
The way I would prefer at the moment, is to install calibre and use its
command-line program called ebook-convert to convert the epub into some
format you like, like .txt or html.
Then there is the cainteoir program which do read epub, but the player is
currently more of a demonstrator of the functionallity of the cainteoir
library than a player that  one would use on a daily basis.
Cainteoir can be used to extract the text from epub as well.
HTH, Willem