CygWin in windows

Glenn glennervin at cableone.net
Fri Nov 27 17:51:27 EST 2015

Hi,
I'm running windows 7 32, and I installed CygWin.
I don't know allot about using it.
I want to have access to some of the power of Linux.
I'm most familiar with Debian-based systems.
I use Jaws, and the CygWin terminal does not automatically read the returned information, and I don't like routing the Jaws cursor to read the terminal.
Can SpeakUp be installed into CygWin?
I saw a youtube thing about wget, but the person in the video did not really indicate the command for getting wget.
I found that apt-get nor aptitude work, so is there a command for installing packages in CygWin?
Thanks.
Glenn