command line scanned pdf to text

John G Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Tue Nov 3 11:23:50 EST 2015

I'd be interested in hearing your opinion of cuneiform. I have gotten
much better results with tesseract but it could be that I didn't fiddle
with cuneiform enough. My experiments showed that tesseract gave better
results "out of the box" as it were. So then I spent a lot of time
tweaking my tesseract parameters. But maybe if I'd spent that amount of
time on cuneiform, I'd have gotten even better results.

--
John Heim, jheim at math.wisc.edu, 608-263-4189, skype:john.g.heim,
sip:jheim at sip.linphone.org