Where Can I Input this Command?

Hart Larry chime at hubert-humphrey.com
Thu May 21 15:31:11 EDT 2015

Well, in trading messages on a DecTalk discussion list, I mentioned I would like
to increase an inflection. Well, a user replied, mentioned this command:
[:dv pr 250]
I tried putting that in dectlk pitch related files in /etc/speakup as well as
dot speakup, but so-far I cannot change how this sounds. I commented out the
pitch setting of 169.  In addition, for some years I cannot get a capitolization
settings to work.
I also tried an alias we have to reload this DecTalk USB
/usr/bin/sudo ~chime/.tools/bin/restart-dectalk
/sbin/rmmod speakup_dectlk
/sbin/modprobe speakup_dectlk

echo 86 > /sys/accessibility/speakup/dectlk/vol
echo 329 > /sys/accessibility/speakup/dectlk/rate
echo [:dv pr 250] > /sys/accessibility/speakup/dectlk/pitch
Anyway, I seem to remember there was something like a command prompt within an
older DOS setup where you could type commands directly to DecTalk. Thanks so
much in advance of any suggestions.
Hart