virtualbox, was: Re: Kali Linux

Gregory Nowak greg at gregn.net
Sun May 3 18:52:35 EDT 2015

Yes, this is correct. the VBoxManage command can manage all aspects of
virtualbox's configuration, even those that cannot be managed through
the GUI at this time. I haven't run vbox inside a GUI like gnome, but
I have run it on a gnu/linux host, and have used VRDP to interact
with the guest from a windows box on my LAN, which worked out rather
well.

Speaking of KVM, how do you interact with the guest? Through the GUI
under gnome, from the text console somehow, through ssh, in some other
way?

Greg

On Sun, May 03, 2015 at 06:33:05PM -0400, Jason White wrote:
> Igor Gueths <igueths at lava-net.com> wrote:
> > I'm actually running VirtualBox on a Debian host:
>
> I haven't used VirtualBox, but my understanding is that it has extensive
> command line options. You should be able to do almost everything from a shell
> prompt.
>
> I have used Kvm, which likewise can be controlled from the command line and
> from the Qemu command interface.

web site: http://www.gregn.net
skype: gregn1