OT: I broke my nano.

Chuck Hallenbeck chuckh at ftml.net
Sun Mar 29 15:42:10 EDT 2015

Hi all,

I am using nano to compose emails, and the recent upgrade on my arch
system has changed its behavior pretty dramatically.

I have gone through the new /etc/nanorc file adjusting the settings
(except ignoring colors and profiles)  but now when entering data,
every keystroke causes the entire current line to be re-spoken, and
every press of the enter key causes the entire file to be re-spoken.
My speakup settings on the keypad are "cursoring on" and "unpark" as
before, and I can't think what else to look for. The nano version is
now 2.4.0, and my kernel is 3.19.2-arch.

Anybody else seeing this behavior? Any solutions? suggestions? Way too
much talking while entering data.

Chuck

Sent from the bottom of my heart