command line file managers (simple)

Kirk Reiser kirk at reisers.ca
Mon Jun 29 09:25:33 EDT 2015

I have to agree that dired mode is a very fine file manager. I don't
use emacspeak but standard emacs. If I have any criticism at all it's
that I haven't been able to figure out how to rearrange the file line
to move the filename to the beginning of the line instead of the
attributes. If I could figure that out it would be the perfect file
manager in my mind.

On Sun, 28 Jun 2015, Jason White wrote:

> Janina Sajka <janina at rednote.net> wrote:
>
>> Probably the best console level solution is via Emacspeak, which I don't
>> use enough to make that my solution.
>
> Dired mode under Emacs is excellent and I would recommend it. It's certainly
> better than any of the GUI file managers that I've encountered.

Well that's it then, colour me gone!