command line file managers (simple)

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Sat Jun 27 18:40:56 EDT 2015

Hi, Tom:

I regret I don't have a good anwer for you. In fact, I have the same
need and have never satisfied it.

I never used "New Sweep." My nostaliga is for the "select copy," "select
delete," and "select move" commands built into the old 4DOS shell. Those
were the days.

Probably the best console level solution is via Emacspeak, which I don't
use enough to make that my solution.

I do sometimes use lynx on a directory. It doesn't do everything I used
to do in 4DOS, but it does let me look at the directory listing, one at
a time, and decide to keep or delete.

Janina