command line file managers (simple)

Tony Baechler tony at baechler.net
Sat Jun 27 05:27:06 EDT 2015

Try ranger.  It requires minor configuration to only display files in a
single column, but it works very well, generally does what you would
expect it to do, it's fast and lets you copy, move, play audio files, etc.
 I almost never use a file manager, but it's the one I use when I have
lots of files to manage.  It has good documentation and is definitely
packaged in Debian.  I'm not familiar with the DOS program you mentioned.