problems properly configuring alsa

covici at ccs.covici.com covici at ccs.covici.com
Mon Jun 1 01:12:31 EDT 2015

Hi.  Since upgrading to kernel 3.13, I am having some strange also
config problems.  What I would like to do is have the Microphone be able
to record a file, or otherwise be used by an application, and at the
same time have the rear jack which seemsto be controlled by Master, to
hear a file being played or other application.  Now what is happening is
that if I turn up the capture volume sufficiently, I get feedback, if I
turn Master playback off, no feedback, but Master hears nothing.  The
volume on the Mic does nothing at all itself.  I have an old emu10k1
sound card.  So, how do I get the Mic to work at some decent level, but
not going through the line out jack which eventually goes to speakers?

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

How do
you spend it?

         John Covici