Getting speakup to run on debian

Doug Smith savant-technopath at cyber-wizard.com
Thu Dec 31 09:19:58 EST 2015

Ok, I have never heard of this one before.  I am running kali 2.0 which is based on jessie and the install talked as soon as it was done.  I just had
to install the espeakup package to get speech on the cli and I am happy with what I see here.

I guess that the installer used by kali is the same one used in the stock debian install with a few modifications, bue I am not sure.

I have installed both debian and kali several times before in different versions back to the one before wheezy and I have never heard of this problem.
Do you think it would help if you reinstall or check the validity of your iso and make sure that it didn't get corrupted in downloading it.

Hope this helps.

Doug Smith