Getting speakup to run on debian

Steve Matzura sm at noisynotes.com
Thu Dec 31 08:42:40 EST 2015

OK, I had a couple things set up incorrectly in sources.list, but
there's a whole 'nuther story behind why, which I'll not bore you all
with, but suffice it to say my system is set up correctly but still
not talking,  probably because I don't know the proper way to make
that happen.

Re bug reporting, I'm exhausting all possibilities first before
putting down what's not working to a bug because with me, it usually
isn't. I've found a few in my time, but am always hesitant to report
something as such in case I'm the one having done something wrong.
However, this one's apparently a valid Debian bug, so after I get it
solved, I will put it in.