Getting speakup to run on debian

Steve Matzura sm at noisynotes.com
Thu Dec 31 08:09:19 EST 2015

Right. I tried installing the espeakup package and apt-get couldn't
find it. I suspect I have a source problem in /etc/apt/sources.list. I
suspect I should have been able to get it from the DVD distro, but
darned if I know how to do that! I also made what apparently turned
out to be an invalid assumption that, if the install talked, the
system should, or could be made to easily.