resend Re: livetest32 test

Tony Baechler tony at baechler.net
Wed Dec 2 05:21:02 EST 2015

On 12/1/2015 6:28 PM, Tom Fowle wrote:
> Attempted to run my serial port alva display, brltty responded to command
> but display did not come up. It works in Debian.

Yes, that's a Ubuntu problem which should now be fixed.  It doesn't start
automatically in Ubuntu by default.

> Killed speakup etc. with the commands you gave me.
> did
> modprobe speakup_dtlk
>
> could not find speakup_dtlk

Hmm, it finds speakup_dtlk fine here.  It says it's version 2.10 and
supports the Doubletalk PC.

> Should that have been
> modprobe speakup.dtlk instead of "line" dtlk

No, it's definitely speakup_dtlk.

> Just for interest? machine is an Asis P2B 1GHz celeron with 780MB ram (all
> it will take)

I tested it with 1 GB of memory, so this is helpful.  I would expect it not
to be very responsive.  The CD image uploading now will hopefully help.

> Response on the livetest cd is pretty sluggish, but not unexpected, it's that
> way running orca/gnome from Debian wheezy
>
> We have at least one other older box on which we can try the livetest just
> to see if it works, but that other box has no isa slots so no go for
> doubletalk.
> Happy to try if simply reporting another successfull livetest boot

Yes, the more testing it gets, the better.  I don't think it's going to run
on a machine with less memory, but it's worth a try.  New CD images are
uploading which should address the Braille display problem.  I don't know
why it can't find speakup_dtlk since it's definitely shipped in the kernel.