Talking Linux for Raspberry Pi

Kyle kyle4jesus at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 14:37:34 EDT 2015

I'm planning to try to get my hands on a Raspberry Pi 2 in the near
future. I will be experimenting with Arch and OpenElec mostly. I got
OpenElec running on my Pi model B, and I was even able to get it
talking. I did have to do some unconventional things with it though, as
OpenElec appears to create its system partition on first boot. So I had
to boot up the Pi, wait about 10 minutes to be sure it did everything
it was supposed to do, pull the plug and then unzip the Kodi screen
reader into the .kodi/addons folder on the newly created system
partition. As for Arch, I have been able to make it run with MATE on
the old beast, but it's really slow, as this is the older single-core
700MHz. I haven't tried getting Speakup working yet, but my goal is to
get the Pi 2 and work with that more extensively instead of continuing
to mess with the model B.
Sent from my pot of coffee