Another silent key

Hart Larry chime at hubert-humphrey.com
Mon Aug 24 14:08:05 EDT 2015

Well Kirk-and-All, this has been the unfortunate news I have been dredding for quite some time.
Times I asked him if I would learn of his passing on this list, he wasn't sure?
I certainly spoke with Bill on his May 25 Birthday, maybe once
afterward. I knew Bill from 1979 when I began working at a phone company. Both
of us were in close touch over our carreers-and-methods of making telephony
better. We shared many `happy hours discussing Radio-and-other mutual
enjoyments. In September 2003 Bill was quite instramental in my first Linux
installation, once there were decTalk drivers in Speakup. He anxiously kept
asking why I was staying in windows at all? I told him about DecTalk challenges,
as well as OCR with OpenBook in windows were smoother. In 2006 Bill was on the
phone live when we completely nuked windows. Once I switched to Debian, he
hardly had a need to login-and-support me, but still earlier this year, I asked
him about WB, he had no problem installing or useing it.
Certainly Bill `loved the phone, but he also took lots of pride helping a
Linux/Unix user, live by phone.
Anyway, a tremendus amount of knowledge and experiences left with Bill last
evening.
I will attempt to phone his Wife-and-offer my condollances
There will hardly ever again be some1 like Bill. Thanks for listening.
Hart