Code style fixes for speakup kernel driver

Tony Baechler tony at baechler.net
Thu Aug 13 05:20:20 EDT 2015

Hi,

Yes, this is the correct list for Speakup development.  Someone can correct
me on this, but I don't think any major changes have been done to Speakup in
years.  One thing which would be really helpful is if you could please find
a way to get serial synthesizers to work in kernels after 2.6.32 without
locking up the machine.  On both 3.19 and 4.0, loading the speakup_dectlk
module locks up the system every time.  Apparently there are ways to fix
this, but they also involve patches and it would be better if the patches
were not necessary.  I am not a programmer, but I don't think this would be
too hard to fix.  Others can post on the specific code changes or you can
search the Speakup list archives.  Your help with this would be very
appreciated.