a program to facilitate setting a clock in sync with linux?

Jayson Smith jaybird at bluegrasspals.com
Wed Mar 26 08:12:57 EDT 2014

Hi,

I think what is wanted is a program to tick off seconds, as accurately
as possible, and probably announce the time every minute or so, though
I'm not sure about this. I think the intended purpose is to synchronize
standalone talking clocks/watches to the Linux box, rendered accurate
via NTP. Obviously such clocks/watches have no means of synchronization
to any accurate time source except by use of human effort.

I know of a program that simulates the tone signals produced by WWV and
WWVH. It simulates everything except the 100HZ digital time code, the
double ticks to indicate the difference between UTC and UT1 or whatever
it's called, and the voice announcements. Unfortunately, it runs on
Windows, not Linux.
Jayson