a program to facilitate setting a clock in sync with linux?

Kyle kyle4jesus at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 07:03:25 EDT 2014

Are you trying to set other clocks based on the time on your Linux box,
or do you need a clock that chimes on the hour and possibly ticks off
seconds that runs on Linux? If you want to set clocks, they would need
to be compatible with ntp, unless you are trying to send the signal that
atomic clocks read to get the time, in which case you would need a radio
board. If your clocks can sync with ntp, then you can just run that on
your Linux box, or even on your router, if it runs an ntp server, or you
could just sync it with the ntp server pool or usno.navy.mil if I have
that hostname correct. I believe NASA also has an ntp server that keeps
accurate time. If you just need a chiming clock, it's easy enough to
write a script, and if there's enough of a demand for it, I could
probably put something together fairly quickly. I'm thinking of a script
that will tell the time using a human voice when run plus a cron job
that would run every hour and could be turned on or off with a command
line option or an environment variable. Let me know if this is what
you'd like, and I'll be happy to take on such a project.
~Kyle
http://kyle.tk/
--
"Kyle? ... She calls her cake, Kyle?"