cli-based printer configuration tool, I need some testers please?

Willem van der Walt wvdwalt at csir.co.za
Wed Mar 26 05:15:37 EDT 2014

Hi,
Kies is a console-based menu system with a lot of scripts to provide an
easy to use interface to console programs.
Among others, it has a front end for scanning/OCR and a wifi configuration
tool.
There is also a file browser  and a tool to create single-table databases.
We are going to use it for the SA-note which is a notetaker type device,
so the tools need to be easy to use.
Kies can be  downloaded at http://hlt.mirror.ac.za/TTS/sanote/kies-latest.tar.bz2
It would not yet contain the printer configuration scripts as our outside
mirror takes forever to update.
As a separate download at the same address, there is an audio editer
called  dae, again the idea is for it to be easy to use rather than to
provide lots of features.
There is a web site for the SA-Note http://sa-note.com, but the marketing
people did it, so is not quite my stile.
It might be the quickest way to find out what kies contain as almost all
of the features of the device is provided through kies.
Kind regards, Willem