Pulse Audio

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Fri Mar 7 17:38:04 EST 2014

FYW ...

I continue to terminate pulse audio with extreme prejudice on all my
systems. I do so as root:

cd /usr/bin
mv pulseaudio pulseaudio-binary
touch pulseaudio
chmod 555 pulseaudio

I have no problems using Orca after doing this, except that GNOME
earcons no longer work.

This makes speakup much happier, in my experience.

Janina