Isolinux bootloader beep no longer works

Kyle kyle4jesus at gmail.com
Tue Jan 14 17:56:56 EST 2014

It would seem to be something in the newest version of isolinux, but a
test build of TalkingArch I just made is no longer beeping at the boot
prompt. Everything I read indicates that the control g character,
unicode 0007, should make it beep, and the character is still present in
the configuration text. However, trying it in qemu and on real hardware
with a working console speaker, I hear no beep, and must guess when the
bootloader is ready. Is there any other possibly better solution to make
syslinux/isolinux beep at the boot prompt that hasn't been documented
yet? I actually need this for the newest version of Sonar as well as
TalkingArch. Thanks for any help.
~Kyle
http://kyle.tk/
--