I Ran the Newer kernel-and-lots of Errors?

Jason White jason at jasonjgw.net
Mon Feb 17 20:40:32 EST 2014

Hart Larry <chime at hubert-humphrey.com> wrote:
> Error! Bad return status for module build on kernel: 3.2.54-140211-rt75 (i686)
> Consult /var/lib/dkms/nvidia/304.88/build/make.log for more information.

It's trying to build a module for the closed-source, proprietary NVidia
display driver as far as I can tell from the above. As a Speakup user, you
don't want this - you should be using the Nouveau driver if you have an NVidia
card.

Try searching your system for non-free NVidia packages and removing them. Make
sure that xserver-xorg-video-nouveau is installed (if you nave an NVidia
card).