grub-init-tune

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Mon Feb 17 18:23:25 EST 2014

Kyle, le Mon 17 Feb 2014 17:19:37 -0500, a écrit :
> Wow this is cool! I'm gonna have to try that on Arch. I always wanted to
> play with the grub-init-tune, but never figured out what the numbers
> meant.

Err, did you read the grub manual?

“The value of this option is passed directly to play.”

“
 -- Command: play file | tempo [pitch1 duration1] [pitch2 duration2] ...
     Plays a tune

     If the argument is a file name (*note File name syntax::), play the
     tune recorded in it.  The file format is first the tempo as an
     unsigned 32bit little-endian number, then pairs of unsigned 16bit
     little-endian numbers for pitch and duration pairs.

     If the arguments are a series of numbers, play the inline tune.

     The tempo is the base for all note durations.  60 gives a 1-second
     base, 120 gives a half-second base, etc.  Pitches are Hz.  Set
     pitch to 0 to produce a rest.
”

Samuel