Attention John Heim, About your Custome Kernel?

Keith Wessel keith at wessel.com
Tue Feb 11 11:35:47 EST 2014

This thread got my attention.

I've been sadly speechless since moving to this new system that doesn't have
on-board serial ports, and my serial dectalk express is sitting here doing
nothing. I plan to set up software speech, but I really do miss boot-time
speech.

If I get a USB to serial converter and build support into the kernel for it,
will I be able to use my serial Dectalk Express again once USB device
detection has completed?

If so, will I need to apply John's hack/bug fix/work-around/whatever you
want to call it?

Keith