speakup modprobe syntax

Gregory Nowak greg at gregn.net
Tue Sep 3 16:53:47 EDT 2013

No, since a module named speakup_litetalk.ko doesn't exist as far as I
know. You probably want speakup_ltlk instead. So:

modprobe speakup_ltlk ser=1

would be the correct syntax for speakup to load the module for the
litetalk, and talk to it on the second serial port. HTH.

Greg

On Tue, Sep 03, 2013 at 03:55:23AM -0400, Jude DaShiell wrote:
> I didn't know that speakup doesn't autoprobe any longer.  Would:
> modprobe speakup_litetalk ser=1
> be proper syntax for this instance of speakup?

web site: http://www.gregn..net
gpg public key: http://www.gregn..net/pubkey.asc
skype: gregn1