Anything New in clifox?

Brandon McGinty-Carroll bmmcginty at bmcginty.hopto.org
Sun Oct 27 21:14:37 EDT 2013

I'll give a sitrep here and cc to the wb list.
Something decided to stop working between ff 23.0 and 24.0.
The mozrepl addon is deciding that it might or might not run, apparently dependent on the whims of fate, and my lack of patience any given day.
This means that clifox and firefox can not communicate, ergo clifox is useless.
In short, clifox is currently intermittent in its functioning.
I am attempting to add some code into one of the firefox internal JS files, monkeypatching, if you will.
I will be starting on this in earnest in the morning; I have some code referenced that will do what Mozrepl did, listening to an ip (and now a pipe, if all goes well), and dealing with input/output.
With this change, you will not have to have a separate extension loaded into firefox; you will just use the automatically patched copy, which the installer will take care of.
Please remember that you are welcome to make code contributions, and that I will be glad to walk any perspective programmer through the code to get him or her familiar with it.
You can clone clifox at:
http://bmcginty.hopto.org/clifox.git

Brandon McGinty-Carroll