voxin speakup connector and Pulse

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Sat Nov 30 19:48:29 EST 2013

Perhaps, but is Speakup usable? Every time I've tested Speakup with the
ViaVoice engine running over pulseaudio, the results are pretty choppy
and not really usable, imo.

Also, if you start audio playing in one tty then change tty's, the audio
stops until you return to the tty. At least pulse was still doing this
last time I checked.

All this causes me to terminate pulseaudio with extreme prejudice on my
systems:

sudo -i
rm -f /usr/bin/pulseaudio
touch /usr/bin/pulseaudio