voxin speakup connector and Pulse

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Mon Nov 25 22:32:51 EST 2013

Hi,

If there's a way to avoid this situation, I haven't found it. I console
myself that the Speakup Connector isn't the only ill behaved audio
application in this regard, but I'll spare us all chapter and verse on
that topic. Suffice it to say that I now require a minimum of two audio
devices to run screen reader support on Linux, one for Speakup and one
for Orca. A third is minimal for other audio apps, imo.

PS: One example of other hoggy apps would be Fluidsynth with aconnect.

Janina