gnome desktop and weezy, speech breaking

Cleverson Casarin Uliana clcaul at gmail.com
Wed Nov 13 11:56:24 EST 2013

Hi:

I don't know about Debian, but you may find useful to know that in
ArchLinux, it doesn't break, because pulseaudio doesn't start along
with the system on boot; it only starts when I call startx at the
console. Even then, I'm still able to use speakup whenever I switch
from gnome to a pure console with control-alt-f2. Perhaps it causes
some problem if you decide to start gdm on boot. One thing is that
when I start both pulseaudio and speech-dispatcher at a pure console,
then yes, espeakup gets muted.

Cheers
Cleverson