capslock key

Terry D. Cudney terry.cudney at gmail.com
Wed May 29 22:31:01 EDT 2013

Hi Greg,

   Sorry for not getting back to you sooner...

   If you want to alter the keymap permanently, it is a bigger challenge. You'll have to edit the keymap first, then recompile the kernel with the speakup patches applied, including the modified keymap. Or, if you're using speakup as a module, just recompile the module with the modified keymap. The keymap contains the numeric keycodes for every key on your keyboard.

   It's been a few years since I worked on it, so I would have to spend some time in getting up to speed on it again. I think some things have been changed since then too, so it's an interesting endeavor.

   Have fun!

   --terry