Still no serial speech with 32-bit Wheezy

John G. Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Tue May 28 10:00:23 EDT 2013

If this were my problem, I'd try the 32 version of grml.  Grml may not
use exactly the same kernel as is on the debian wheezy installation cd
but grml does use a stock debian kernel so it would be pretty close.
I'd ssh to my machine and try loading the hardware synth module. That
would allow me to see if an error message is generated and check the logs.