Debian Rescue CD

Øyvind Lode oyvind at lode.is
Tue May 14 01:56:43 EDT 2013

Hi:

I'm looking for a Debian rescue CD similar to GRML.

But I would prefer official Debian.

I found this site: http://live.debian.net/

Does Debian provide a rescue disc with speech?

It looks like one can build a customized rescue/live CD from this website by clicking "Build" but I guess it won't provide speech...

I find just pressing "s" at the boot prompt to be very convenient to get an accessible install.
However, the netinst image with speech does not provide the tools I need to do rescueing tasks.

I'm currently using GRML but as I said I would prefer a official Debian rescue environment.

Thanks.