Voxin was: Re: Switching to Linux

Brandon McGinty-Carroll bmmcginty at bmcginty.hopto.org
Sun May 12 12:12:13 EDT 2013

Ah well, figured it was worth asking about.
Just some thoughts:
A lot of these voices, e.g. pico and flite, sound quite good, aside from their pitch shifting.
IBM's synth has a much "rougher" sound to me, but the roughness is tempered with the constant but small pitch shifts.
I would find it educational to get a list of attributes that make IBMTTS better than some of the alternatives.
Maybe see if we could change one of the alternatives to have these attributes.
Just my 2C after a sleepless night; take it with a grain of salt.

Brandon McGinty-Carroll