Voxin was: Re: Switching to Linux

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Sat May 11 14:36:44 EDT 2013

Hi, Grandon:

First, let me clear up what I think may be a misperception. We should
not assume that this product is unprofitable for its various owners. In
fact, it is precisely my dealings with a commercial wholesaler, the
legal basis behind TTSyinth, that makes me understand these voices
continue to generate solid revenue. Before they would work with me on a
contract for just a few thousand licenses, friends of Linux
accessibility advocated that this was important. Usually, their
contracts involve tens of thousands of license seats.

You should also know that I explored the prospect of recompiling to
64-bit and to newer libc++. This was not dismissed. I was simply asked
how many licenses I was prepared to buy should this be done. In other
words, give us enough money, and we'll do it.

Frankly, nothing in my experience gives me any reason to believe that
this product could be wrested from the proprietary domain anytime soon.
These guys have lots of commercial customers. AT hardly rates as a
market share.

Janina