Voxin was: Re: Switching to Linux

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Fri May 10 14:24:44 EDT 2013

I don't use Voxin. I do still use TTSynth with Speakup. The
compatibility library you need is available on Fedora 18 as:

compat-libstdc++-296-2.96-144.1.i686

PS; With Orca I use speech-dispatcherd and espeak. I have to use a
second physical audio device for this. I cannot get these two to share
the same alsa device.

And, I do need to permanently terminate pulseaudio with extreme prejudice.

That's about it. The Fedora GDM still isn't supporting talking
login--don't get me started talking about that, though!

Firefox, currently at release 20, works wonderfully well. It's useful to
use recent Firefox releases because the a11y code in FF is actively
being updated these days

Janina