the direction of speakup

Brian Buhrow buhrow at nfbcal.org
Fri May 10 13:21:10 EDT 2013

	Hello.  Just to followup on what Kyle wrote, I've been using Yasr
under NetBSD for over 5 years, and I run it either from the console or in
an Xterminal.  Yasr has a pass-through key, so even if there is a key
binding conflict between two applications, Yasr can work with that.  I've
grown rather fond of the flite speech engine, and eflite works quite well
with Yasr, modulo a few bugs I had to fix in the early days.
-Brian