Now I can't Keep Pulseaudio From Taking over Everything!

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Fri May 10 13:02:22 EDT 2013

Hi, Steve:

If you're still struggling to kill pulseaudio, here's how I do it:

become root
rm -f /usr/bin/pulseaudio
touch /usr/bin/pulseaudio
chmod 555 /usr/bin/pulseaudio

You still need to monitor that some package update doesn't overwrite
/usr/bin/pulseaudio, but this hasn't been a problem for me, and I've
used this strategy for a long time.

Janina