the direction of speakup

Mike Ray mike at raspberryvi.org
Fri May 10 07:34:32 EDT 2013

Jason,

Now I have the UART cable I will be able to go back to yasr at a later
time, when I have either got SpeakUp to run on the Pi or given up on it,
and see if I can find out why it crashes.  Might be easier to do that
because it isn't a kernel module.

Mike

On 10/05/2013 07:43, Jason White wrote:
> Mike Ray  <speakup at linux-speakup.org> wrote:
>
>> Has anyone on the list used yasr (yet another screen-reader)?  I tried
>> this on the Pi and it crashed every ten minutes.
> Yes, under Debian AMD64 and with no crashes, driving a DECTALK Express.
>
> It runs its own shell and captures input/output, somewhat like screen(1).

Michael A. Ray
Analyst/Programmer
Witley, Surrey, South-east UK

Interested in accessibility on the Raspberry Pi?
Visit: http://www.raspberryvi.org/