the direction of speakup

Kelly Prescott kprescott at coolip.net
Wed May 8 16:53:45 EDT 2013

I am certainly not a hardware expert, but Xen VmWare etal control the
hardware as is.
Now, they don't intercept the video at least I don't think they do, but
the UEFI specification allows for things to run before boot and that is
why I thought we might be able to do something with that.
Remember the Speaqualizer back in the 1980's which read the hardware
directly?
Maybe we could have 2 parts to speakup...
first takes over at the boot process and then a module gets loaded later
to provide more functionality.
this reads the boot and hardware kernel messages as well as providing for
userspace support.