the direction of speakup

Martin G. McCormick martin at server1.shellworld.net
Wed May 8 13:51:10 EDT 2013

	The initrd idea for speakup is a great one because it
should do what you discribe. It might even be possible to build
enough of a kernel in initrd to support a thumb drive that could
augment memory storage for systems that have less than 512
megabytes of RAM. I have a couple of those myself that are still
otherwise good systems but don't have a lot of spare RAM.

	If speakup could be put in to initrd, it might also have
a home in embedded systems which opens up a whole world of
possibilities.

Martin