the direction of speakup

Jean-Philippe MENGUAL mengualjeanphi at free.fr
Thu May 2 20:18:42 EDT 2013

Hi,

I hope I'm not out of topic, but I have read since the beginning of the thread
technical considerations about speakup directions, in particular related to
the drivers. As non-dev user, I wonder if it would be possible to improve some
features of speakup. Typically, from my latest tests, I thought that it'd be
an improvement to backup, to save the regions of the screen we define, the
windows defined on a screen to be silent, verbose, etc. Moreover, these kind
of settings could be defined per-application. For example, how can speakup
handle the reading of text browsers, for example, such as links? So far, in
my memory, it only read the status line.

That's the directions I wanted to suggest, without knowing if they are
realistic.

Regards,

JPM