Any News on cut-and-paste bug?

John G. Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Wed May 1 09:45:54 EDT 2013

A big part of the problem is that even if someone is willing to take on
writing fixes for speakup, the kernel people won't cooperate. I tried to
get some help/advice from the linux kernel  list on implementing the bug
fix I had for serial synths. Their advice -- start over.

PS: I think that particular bug got fixed for real by someone who knows
way more about the speakup code than I do. I'm running a 3.2 kernel from
squeeze backports and the bbug is fixed.