Screen help

Kerry Hoath kerry at gotss.net
Sun Mar 31 05:26:40 EDT 2013

Control a DD will power-detach,
exit screen and kill the parent shell does that help?

Note that the D's have to be uppercase.

Having screen launch for every user in /etc/bash_profile might work but
will fail for anyone who ever needs an 8-bit clean terminal connection
for sz or kermit or rsync usage. You'll have to work around that for
users that want to rsync.
I set
screen -R
in my .bash_profile for each user I want screen loaded for.

To have screen create a new session if you don't have one or reattach to
a currently attached session
screen -d -R

You might also want the following added to the system screenrc or your
user .screenrc

startup_message off
vbell off
nethack on

Okay the Nethack is just for a bit of fun.

Regards, Kerry.