Speakup Issues

Jason White jason at jasonjgw.net
Sat Mar 30 20:24:21 EDT 2013

Gregory Nowak  <speakup at linux-speakup.org> wrote:

>I agree. However, no one has said so far as far as I know that support
>for isa synths is keeping speakup out of the kernel spotlight. William
>simply asked if anybody is still using these, and my answer is yes.

If it isn't creating a significant maintenance burden, I would recommend
leaving the code in place.

As an aside, I have a DECTALK-PC card here that requires an ISA slot, but no
machine in which to run it and no current need for it. At some point I'll
donate it to a worthy recipient, who will then have the interesting experience
of discovering whether or not it works anymore.