Red Hat Enterprise 6.2

Tony Baechler tony at baechler.net
Sat Mar 30 05:17:37 EDT 2013

Yes, but that argument doesn't hold water.  FreeBSD ships Gnome as well,
also with Orca.  They have made no attempt to even try to implement
something similar to Speakup.  It's what I would call token accessibility.
They can say that yes, they support accessibility because they ship
accessibility packages, but you and I know perfectly well that Orca doesn't
do any good at the console when the machine won't boot.  Just for your
information, you can probably run Orca in Windows as well since it's written
in Python and all of the Gnome packages are compiled for Windows and
probably Cygwin, but again, that doesn't make Windows or Cygwin accessible.
  I've seen the Windows installers for all of the major Gnome packages and
Python.