Red Hat Enterprise 6.2

Brian Buhrow buhrow at nfbcal.org
Fri Mar 29 11:14:22 EDT 2013

	hello.  For administrative tasks, you should probably learn and use
yasr for this test.  Yasr runs completely outside the kernel, so you  can
most likely build yourself an access tar file that you can drop onto the
test system and run during the tests themselves.
	For installation work, things could be trickier.  If you're allowed to
bring your own laptop into the test center and the test box has a serial
port, you could do a serial installation.  If they're using kvm or xen to
test you, then Yasr might work for that as well, see the above paragraph.
	I think the thing to do is learn as much as you can about the testing
process, play as much as you can with Red Hat on your own equipment and
discuss the issues with the testing center.  The Redhat folks may or may
not be familiar with the specific environment set up by  the testing center
since it is likely that a number of testing configurations qualify as
certified testing environments.
	Remember that hiring a reading assistant, or having them assign you
one, depending on their policy, should always be considered as well.  It's
best if you can bring your own, but some testing centers won't allow that.

Good luck.

-Brian